GBA Kotkis Pty Ltd ATF Lifespan Consultants WA Unit Trust (“Lifespan” “we” or “us”), recognises the importance of your privacy. We understand that your personal information, and how we use it, is very important to you. The following statement reflects our policy in relation to the personal information that we collect, and follows the guidelines set by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Commonwealth Privacy Act (“APPs”).
Collecting Personal Information
We only collect personal information relevant to the functions that we perform (“information”) and the information collected is dependent on our relationship with you.
This information may include the following, although this is not an exhaustive list:
- information from you that may include your identity and contact details, financial information and other personal information;
- information from you about others, such as services providers, agents, advisers and employers; and
- if required, we will act as your agent to obtain your financial information from a third party on your behalf.
We will collect the information from you or from someone authorised to act on your behalf. Should you give us personal information about other individuals (such as your referees) we rely on you to obtain their prior consent.
We also collect information from you when you use our website www.lifespanwa.com.au. Your use of the facilities and services available through our website will determine the amount and type of information that we collect about you. Some of this information will not be personal because it will not reveal your identity. The only personal information which we collect about you when you use our website is that you tell us about yourself, for example, by completing an online form, where you subscribe to a newsletter, or information you provide to us when you send us an email. We will record your email address if you send us an email.
We also collect personal information in person, in writing, by telephone, and through other methods of communication. Most of the personal information that we collect is provided to us by our clients, when they initially instruct us, and during the course of us providing services to them.
We may use and disclose your personal information to:
- provide requested services;
- manage our relationship with you;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- identify and inform you of other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
Who will see or have access to your personal information?
We may exchange your personal information with third parties where this is permitted by law, some of which may be located overseas. Third parties include:
- service providers, for example banks and other financial institutions;
- those to whom we outsource certain functions, for example contractors and information technology support;
- financial consultants, accountants, lawyers and advisers acting on your behalf;
- your referees, such as your employer or former employers, to verify information you have provided; and
- government and law enforcement agencies or regulators.
In each case, we will treat information we collect in accordance with the principles set out above.
Security of your information
We place great importance on the security of the information we hold about you. We are committed to preventing unauthorised access to, or disclosure, misuse or loss of, that information. We will not use or disclose information about an individual other than for its primary purpose of collection, unless:
- the individual has consented to such use or disclosure; or
- we have reason to suspect that unlawful activity has been, or may be, engaged in, and use or disclose the information as a necessary part of its investigation of the matter or in reporting its concerns to relevant persons or authorities; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for or required by a specified purpose by or on behalf of an enforcement body.
Maintaining confidentiality and security of information is a core standard of our operations. Your information is stored in secure facilities and our information systems and files are kept secure from unauthorised access.
Access and Accuracy of your Personal Information
All information you provide will be held by Lifespan. You can ask for access to your information by contacting us. You can also contact us for more detailed information on how we collect, handle and secure your personal information.
What to do if you believe the information we hold about your is inaccurate
If you believe that any information that we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us and we will review and update the relevant information.
In order to provide services to you we may use your information in order to update you as to the services being offered by Lifespan. If you do not wish to receive marketing information, you may at any time decline to receive such information by contacting us.
Privacy Complaints and Queries
Lifespan Consultants WA
Suite 1, 39 Flynn Street
Wembley WA 6014
Phone: (08) 6323 8691
For more information about the privacy legislation or the APPs we recommend that you visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.